Transport Concession Entitlement Card
You are eligible to apply for a Transport Concession Entitlement Card if you are an apprentice or a new entrant trainee registered with Training Services NSW and in an active apprenticeship or traineeship approved by them.
How to apply
The Transport Concession Entitlement Card is issued free of charge. It is valid up to 31 March of each year, and you can renew it free of charge as long as you remain in an active traineeship/apprenticeship approved by Training Services NSW.
Sydney and surrounding areas – Opal network
Opal is an electronic ticketing system used on public transport in Sydney, the Blue Mountains, Central Coast, Hunter, Illawarra and Southern Highlands.
Inside the Opal network, if you are an apprentice or trainee, you can travel with one of these tickets:
- Concession Opal card
- Adult Opal card
- Adult Opal single trip ticket or Opal single bus ticket
You are not entitled to travel with a Child/Youth Opal card, a Child/Youth Opal single trip ticket or a Child/Youth Opal single bus ticket.
How to get your Concession Opal card
If you have a Transport Concession Entitlement Card, you are eligible for a Concession Opal card.
Apply on the Opal website or call 13 67 25 (13 OPAL).
You will need your Training Contract ID number (TCID) for the application.
Travelling with your Concession Opal card
You must carry these two cards when you travel:
If you do not have your Concession Opal card and proof of entitlement, you are required to pay for and travel with an Adult fare, or you may be fined.
Travelling to and from Sydney Airport train stations
- With your Concession Opal card and proof of entitlement, you are entitled to a Concession Sydney Airport station access fee.
- Without your Concession Opal card and proof of entitlement, you are required to pay the Adult Sydney Airport station access fee.
Read more about travelling to the airport by train and the Sydney Airport station access fee.
Opal card, single trip tickets and fares
Regional NSW - outside Opal network
If you have a Transport Concession Entitlement Card, you may be entitled to concession fares on privately-operated regular route local bus services.
Check with local transport operators before you travel.
Concessions are not available on fast ferries between Manly and Circular Quay, event shuttle buses, charter bus services, Great Southern Rail services or NSW TrainLink Regional services.
- Transport Concession Entitlement Card: Download and complete a Transport Concession Entitlement Card application form and send it to the Transport Concessions Office. A replacement fee may apply.
- Concession Opal card: Call 13 67 25 (13 OPAL). A replacement fee may apply.
Contact the Transport Concessions Office
Mail: Locked Bag 5085, Parramatta NSW 2124
Phone: 131 500