Regional Excursion Daily (RED)
If you are an eligible pensioner or senior in a rural and regional area of NSW, you can access unlimited bus travel within your local bus network with a Regional Excursion Daily (RED) ticket.
A RED ticket makes it affordable for you to get around in your local area.
You can buy a RED ticket if you have one of the following cards:
- NSW, Victoria or ACT Pensioner Concession Card
- NSW Seniors Card
- NSW War Widow/er Transport Concession Card
- Asylum Seekers Transport Concession Entitlement Card
$2.50 to holders of relevant concession cards.
Where to buy a RED ticket
- You can purchase your RED ticket from the driver of the first bus you board. You must show your concession card. Have it and your ticket ready for inspection on subsequent services.
- Ticket is valid until midnight on day of purchase.
Terms and conditions
The RED ticket offers eligible pensioners and seniors in rural and regional areas of NSW unlimited local bus travel for $2.50.
- A RED ticket is for use on buses operating in a local area or region only. For example, a ticket purchased for use in Tamworth cannot be used in Coffs Harbour – a separate ticket must be purchased to travel in each area.
- You can use a RED ticket on bus services that traverse into an outer metropolitan area, but not on outer metropolitan services that extend into a rural and regional area.
- You cannot use the ticket on other modes of transport, NSW regional buses or on services in the Sydney metropolitan or outer metropolitan areas. In this case, you are probably eligible for a Gold Senior/Pensioner Opal card for the Sydney metropolitan and outer metropolitan areas. You can book a Country Pensioner Excursion ticket for use on NSW Regional train services.
- The ticket is not transferable.
Which bus operator accepts your Regional Excursion Daily (RED) ticket
Your RED ticket will be accepted by the following transport operators:
- Allen’s Coaches - Coolamon Pty Ltd
- B & E Blanch Pty Limited
- Bhangala Pty Ltd
- Brante Pty Ltd T/As Symes Coaches
- Buslines Group (Northern Rivers)
- Buslines Group Pty Limited (Ballina)
- Buslines Group Pty Limited (Griffith)
- Buslines Group Pty Limited (Tamworth)
- Busways North Coast Pty Limited
- CA & V Cavanagh Pty Ltd
- Cooma Coaches Pty Ltd
- Crookwell Bus Service Pty Ltd
- Daly Bus Services Pty Ltd
- Darlea Pty Ltd T/As Sawtell Coaches
- Deanes Investments (ACT) Pty Ltd
- Deanes Travel Pty Limited
- E & F Ogden T/As Ogden’s Coaches
- Edwards Coaches Pty Ltd
- Eggins Holdings Pty Ltd
- F & R Martin Pty Ltd
- Fearnes Investments Pty Ltd
- Forster Bus Service
- Frederick & Roslyn Ind
- Graeme A Waller Pty Ltd T/As Wallers Bus Company
- Hannafords Coaches Pty Ltd
- Hopes Bus Service Pty Limited
- Inverell Bus Service Pty Limited
- J Watson & Son Pty Ltd
- James & Pamela Newman
- James Cann Pty Ltd
- Jeffrey & Suzanne Singh-Gosel
- Joga & Avjinder Sodhi T/As Dunoon Bus Service
- John & Carol Kennedy
- John & Suzanne Parsons T/As Parsons Bus Service
- Jones Bros Bus Company Pty Ltd
- Junee Buses Pty Limited
- Kellam Bus Lines Pty Ltd
- Leslie & Lena Symons
- Lusuli Pty Limited T/As Millerds Bus Service
- Michael & Cathleen Quinn
- Michael Jillett
- Mojeto Pty Ltd
- Monolat Pty Ltd
- Moxamu Pty Ltd T/As Lawrence Bus Service
- Murrays Australia Limited
- Murwillumbah Bus Company
- Mylon Motorways Pty Ltd
- Nasrella Pty Ltd T/As Ryans Bus Service
- Nowra Coaches Pty Ltd
- Picton Buslines Pty Limited
- Priors Bus Service Pty Ltd
- Purtill Bros Nominees Pty Ltd
- R B Wolters Pty Ltd
- Radburn, Shane
- Reg Osborn Pty Limited
- Reynolds & Fogarty Pty Ltd
- Southern Cross Motor Coaches Pty Ltd
- Stuarts Coaches Pty Ltd
- Sunraysia Bus Lines Pty Ltd
- Surfside Buslines Pty Ltd
- Tinonee Bus Company Pty Ltd
- Ulladulla Bus Lines Pty Ltd
- Western Road Liners Pty Ltd