Royal Easter Show
Event website: Sydney Royal Easter Show
Use the Trip planner to plan your trip with up-to-date train, bus, ferry and light rail information.
- ShowLink tickets can be pre-purchased from most Sydney Trains and NSW TrainLink stations from Monday 7 April, or online through the Easter Show website.
- ShowLink tickets are a single admission ticket that includes return public transport on any one day of the Show.
A ShowLink ticket is not valid for travel on privately-operated ferries or regional trains.
A station access fee applies for travel to and from Domestic and International Airport stations. Your ShowLink ticket does not include the access fee, so if you're travelling from these stations you'll need to buy a GatePass.
- You can buy tickets from Sydney Trains and NSW TrainLink Intercity stations or onboard the Sydney Olympic Park Major Event Buses. Note: ShowLink tickets cannot be purchased on regular route bus services, Sydney Ferries or Light Rail services.
- Travel tips:
- Keep your ShowLink ticket safe for your return journey using public transport.
- Take special care if you are travelling with small children or prams.
- Mind the gap when boarding and leaving the train.
- Remain seated or keep a firm hold when travelling on the bus.
- Please note there are other events happening at Sydney Olympic Park during the Sydney Royal Easter Show so make sure you plan ahead and allow extra travel time to avoid large crowds.
- Events taking place during the Show:
- Friday 11 April – Jay Chou concert at Allphones Arena from 20:00.
- Friday 18 April – NRL: Rabbitohs v Bulldogs at ANZ Stadium from 16:00.
- Monday 21 April – NRL: Eels v Tigers at ANZ Stadium from 16:00.
- The closest station to ANZ Stadium is Olympic Park Station.
- Plenty of extra trains are running to Olympic Park to help get you to the Show.
- On weekdays:
- Lidcombe shuttle train services to Olympic Park leave every 10 minutes from 5:50 until midnight.
- Direct services between Central and Olympic Park run every 15 minutes from around 9:00 until 17:00 and from 18:30 until midnight, stopping at Redfern and Strathfield.
- An extra train to Newcastle leaves Central at 22:15, stopping at Strathfield, Eastwood, Epping, Hornsby, Cowan and then all stations to Newcastle except Wondabyne.
- Blue Mountains Line services will make an extra stop at Lidcombe Station from 9:30 to 15:00 and again from 19:00 to the end of service. Bathurst train services to and from Central will also stop at Lidcombe.
- On weekends:
- Lidcombe shuttle train services to Olympic Park leave every 10 minutes from 05:30 to 09:00.
- From 09:00 to midnight, Lidcombe shuttle services will extend to operate between Blacktown and Olympic Park every 10 minutes, stopping Seven Hills, Westmead, Parramatta, Granville and Lidcombe.
- Direct services between Central and Olympic Park run from 08:30 until midnight, with trains every 7-8 minutes between 09:00 and 23:30, stopping Redfern and Strathfield.
- T2 South Line services from Campbelltown to City Circle stations operate every 15 minutes between 07:30 and 18:00 and return services between 15:00 and 23:00.
- Blue Mountains Line (including Bathurst) services to Sydney Terminal will make an extra stop at Lidcombe between 06:00 and 20:00. Services back to the Blue Mountains will stop at Lidcombe between 13:00 and 01:00.
- There will also be two trains direct from Springwood to Olympic Park on weekends at 07:30 and 08:30, stopping at all stations to Penrith, then Blacktown, Parramatta, Lidcombe and Olympic Park.
- Additional services from Newcastle depart at 07:05, stopping all stations to Broadmeadow, Cardiff, Fassifern, Morisset, Wyong, Tuggerah, Gosford, Woy Woy, Hornsby then Olympic Park and 08:05 stopping all stations to Broadmeadow, Adamstown, Kotara, Cardiff, all to Tuggerah, Gosford, Woy Woy, Hornsby and Olympic Park.
- An additional service from Wyong departs 08:44 stopping all stations to Berowra (except Wondabyne), Hornsby, Epping, Eastwood and Olympic Park.
- An additional Southern Highlands Line service departs Campbelltown at 23:59, stopping all stations to Moss Vale.
For train information visit Sydney Trains timetables.
- Trackwork will be taking place during the event and may affect how you travel.
- For the latest information, check trackwork service updates or use the Trip planner.
- Sydney Olympic Park Major Event Buses run every 20 to 30 minutes and more frequently during peak times for the duration of the Show.
- Major Event Buses start running between 7:00 and 7:30 depending on the route and arrive at the show daily from around 8:30. Services continue to arrive into Olympic Park until approximately 17:00.
- Final services heading to the Show can leave as early 15:25 depending on the route and stop you're using.
- Plan your trip ahead - check timetables at the bus stop or call 131 500 to find out when the last services leave.
- Return services start from approximately 12.45.
- The last bus on each route departs Sydney Olympic Park at 23:00 each night of the Show.
- Scheduled wheelchair accessible buses will travel on each route.
- Sydney Buses are operating to the following timetables:
- Over the Easter long weekend:
- Good Friday, 18 April – Sunday timetable.
- Easter Saturday, 19 April –Saturday timetable.
- Easter Sunday, 20 April – Sunday timetable.
- Easter Monday, 21 April – Sunday timetable.
- Normal weekday and weekend timetables will operate on all other Show days.
- Over the Easter long weekend:
- Sydney Buses Route 525 runs between Parramatta and Burwood via Sydney Olympic Park.
- For more information view the bus maps and operator information.
- Over the Easter long weekend, Sydney Ferries services are running to the following timetable:
- Good Friday, 18 April – Public holiday timetable.
- Easter Saturday, 19 April – Saturday timetable.
- Easter Sunday, 20 April - Sunday timetable.
- Easter Monday, 21 April – Public holiday timetable.
- If ferry services are full, customers can take a train which regularly depart from Circular Quay Station.
- ANZ Stadium is approximately 40 minutes walk (3.6km) from Sydney Olympic Park Wharf. There is a connecting 526 bus to the stadium.
- Heavy traffic is expected on major roads across Sydney during the Easter long weekend, including around Sydney Olympic Park. If you're planning on heading to the Show at this time, use public transport or allow extra travel time.
- Sydney Olympic Park Authority may also close some local roads to accommodate increased public transport services and ensure pedestrian safety during events. For more details about road closures, visit Sydney Olympic Park Authority.
- For current traffic conditions, visit Live Traffic NSW.You can also download the free iPhone, iPad or Android app or call the Traffic Information Line on 132 701.
- For details of taxi networks servicing the Sydney area, visit Taxis NSW.
- Parking at Sydney Olympic Park will be in high demand and car parks are likely to reach capacity. Take advantage of the increased public transport, which is included in your event ticket, and leave the car at home.
- If you're taking the car it is recommended that you pre-book your parking ticket to guarantee a space. Visit Sydney Olympic Park prebook or go to Sydney Olympic Park for more details.
- Note: Pre-book parking is available until 23:59 the night before the event.
Accessible transport options can be found on the Trip planner by checking 'Mobility options'. Only trip plans with accessible train platforms, ferry wharves and buses will be presented. See accessible travel in NSW.
- Central, Strathfield, Granville, Blacktown, Lidcombe, and Olympic Park stations are all wheelchair accessible. See accessible trains and stations.
- Nearly all of Sydney Buses’ services are wheelchair accessible. Features of wheelchair accessible buses include wider doors and aisles, and space for two mobility aids such as wheelchairs, some ride-on scooters and prams or strollers. See travel on accessible buses.
- The entire Sydney Ferries fleet is wheelchair accessible via wheelchair accessible ferry wharves (pending tidal and safety conditions). See accessible ferries and wharves.
Liverpool Parramatta T-way buses
- All T-way bus services are low floor wheelchair accessible.