From 11.30pm Sunday 25 December 2016 until 6am Monday 23 January 2017, buses replace light rail services between Central and The Star. This is due to essential work to be carried out where the existing light rail line will intersect with the new CBD and South East light rail line.
During this time:
- A replacement bus service will run from select stops only: Central, Paddys Market, Convention and The Star.
- If you are travelling to the city, you will need to change at The Star
for a replacement bus to continue your trip.
- Light rail services will continue to run as normal between Convention and Dulwich Hill.
Most replacement bus services are wheelchair accessible but some are not. Check with staff on the next wheelchair accessible bus service.
If you are travelling with bulky items such as prams and luggage, please be advised not all buses will have room for these items and you may be required to wait for the next bus service.
Bicycles are not permitted on buses.
From 28 December 2016 to 23 January 2017, Central Station light rail stop will be closed to pedestrians as part of this upgrade. Pedestrians will not be able to take a shortcut through the Central Station light rail stop during that time.
Please allow additional travel time.
During summer holidays, especially over Christmas and New Year, trains, buses, ferries and light rail may not run as usual.
- Plan ahead and use the trip planner for up-to-date information on bus replacement services.
- Download and use transport apps to assist you with your journey.
- Ask a member of staff for assistance.