Bus passengers in Sydney will soon benefit from a major boost to services starting from Sunday 12 February and Monday 13 February.
Routes 301, 343, 370, 372, 389, 433, 477 and M20 will receive extra trips across Sydney to cater for growth in customer demand.
Some routes will also run to an adjusted timetable to improve spacing between services.
The new and additional services include:
- Route 301: More than 75 additional weekly trips on between Zetland and the City, providing a 24 hour bus service in the growing Green Square area, seven days a week.
- Route 343: 30 additional weekly trips, providing extra capacity during evening and shoulder peak times on weekdays and Saturday nights.
- Route 370: 85 additional weekly trips between Leichhardt and Coogee to extend hours of operation on weeknights and weekends and provide extra weekend trips towards Coogee.
- Route 372: 1 additional trip between Railway Square and Coogee during the early weekday morning to relieve overcrowding and in response to customer feedback
- Route 389: 4 new trips between Seven Ways Bondi and Bondi Junction in the early morning on weekdays to cater for increased demand and in response to customer feedback.
- Route 433: 20 additional weekly trips between Harold Park and Railway Square to meet demand in the growing Harold Park residential development.
- Route 477: More than 140 additional weekly trips between Miranda and Rockdale, to provide more shoulder peak services on weekday mornings, earlier services on weekends and later services on all nights of the week.
- Route M20: More than 160 additional weekly trips between Zetland and the City, including earlier services on weekdays, later services on weeknights and on weekend nights.