From Sunday 19 February, a major boost to bus services will see more bus trips and new bus routes for passengers in Sydney's Hills District, as well as areas including the Hunter, Central Coast and the Illawarra.
More than 1,700 extra weekly bus trips which will be introduced to cater for growth in customer demand and provide bus services in new and expanding residential developments.
Use the trip planner to plan your trip as it has up-to-date timetables and stop information.
Download transport apps to assist you with your journey.
The new and additional services include:
Hills District residents will benefit from more than 1,000 new weekly trips, including a new route and extended trips.
New route 605 bus service will provide more than 160 weekly trips between North Kellyville and Rouse Hill. This route will link between the growing residential areas in North Kellyville with Rouse Hill Town Centre.
Additional services include:
- Route 607X: 125 additional weekly trips between Rouse Hill and the city to provide additional capacity across the week.
- Routes 610, 610X, M61: Over 110 additional weekly trips between Rouse Hill or Castle Hill and the City via the M2.
- Route 611: Over 210 additional weekly trips between Blacktown and Macquarie Park via the M2.
- Route 615X: 30 additional weekly trips between North Kellyville and the City via the M2.
- Route 619: 70 additional weekly trips between Rouse Hill and Macquarie Park via Castle Hill and M2.
- Route 620X: Over 30 additional weekly trips between Dural, Cherrybrook and the City via M2.
- Route 621: Over 50 additional weekly trips between Castle Hill, Cherrybrook and the City via Macquarie Park.
- Route 700: Over 150 additional weekly trips between Blacktown and Parramatta.
- Routes T65, T66: Over 130 additional weekly trips on routes T65 and T66 between Rouse Hill and Parramatta via the T-way.
New route 178 bus service will provide 60 weekly trips between
Rutherford and Anambah.
In addition, there will be service changes to existing routes 179, 180, 181 and 186 in Rutherford to accommodate the new route.
Additional and altered services include:
- Route 261: Extension of all trips to serve growing residential development in Fletcher
- Routes 401, 403 and 404: Over 40 additional trips to provide earlier and later trips on weekdays and Saturdays, and introduce new services on Sundays.
- Route 32: An additional 10 weekly trips between Gosford and Mangrove Mountain
- Routes 67 and 68: Over 15 additional weekly trips between Wamberal and North Avoca to Gosford via Terrigal
- Route 70 will start and end at Gosford Interchange and not run to Gosford Hospital.
- Routes 1, 4: 30 additional weekly trips on routes 1 and 4 between Austinmer and Bulli to Wollongong.
- Route 32 extension to serve residential development in West Dapto (Brooks Reach)