Find free WiFi
If you need to check emails, browse the web or chat to friends during your trip, find one of the free WiFi services available on the NSW public transport network
Sydney Ferries services
Most Sydney Ferries services provide free WiFi, operated by Tomizone. The service, powered by Telstra 3G network, is free for limited sessions, with longer browsing sessions or higher data limits available for a small cost.
As with the 3G network on land, there may be a dip in service levels as the signal switches between transmission towers. Shorts delays have been experienced at:
- The Heads, Manly
- McMahons Point
- Balls Head/Ballast Point (Waverton/Balmain)
- Garden Island.
How to connect to ferry WiFi
- Turn on your device’s wi-fi connection. Select tomizone@sydneyferries and connect. Your device should say ‘connected’ once you have done this.
- Open your web browser, visit any webpage and you will be redirected to a welcome page detailing the terms and conditions. Please take a minute to read these.
- Click 'I Agree’ and you can start your free wi-fi session. Free WiFi is limited to one morning and one afternoon session per device per day. A free session lasts for 45 minutes from first use or until 30MB of data has been used – whichever comes first.
Customers who are having ongoing issues or need technical support should email email@example.com or call the Tomizone support number on 1300 881 862 (open 7 days a week, 24 hours a day). Please note, ferry crews are unable to assist with troubleshooting.
There is a free WiFi hotspot at Central Station on the Grand Concourse and regional platforms (1-15).
How to connect at Central Station
- Turn on your device's WiFi connection. Select the ‘Transport Free Wifi’ network and connect.
- Open your web browser, visit any webpage and you will be redirected to a welcome page detailing the terms and conditions.
- Accept the terms and conditions and you will receive 300MB free data allowance and Wifi access at Central Station.