Quiet carriage rules
Quiet carriages are on selected intercity train services. They provide you with a quiet environment when travelling longer distances.
You will find quiet carriages on the following services:
- Blue Mountains Line
- Southern Highlands Line
- South Coast Line
- Central Coast & Newcastle Line
- Bathurst Bullet.
A quiet carriage is usually the first, last and two middle carriages of an 8-carriage train, the first and last carriages of a 4-carriage train, the last carriage of a 2-carriage train. Look for signs on the train or platform.
Quiet carriage etiquette:
- your mobile phones should be on silent
- move into an adjoining carriage to have a conversation with a fellow passenger
- use headphones with mobile devices
- keeping the volume to a minimum so it can't be heard by others.
If you don’t want to observe these rules, take the trip in a regular carriage.
If you have feedback about this service, contact us or phone 131 500.