For developers and site owners
Digital brand guidelines
These guidelines are designed to help you promote transportnsw.info and to ensure your customers have access to the most up-to-date public transport information.
You can add to your website:
Transport for NSW also offers access to our public transport data through the Open Data program. Visit the Open Data hub for more information.
Add a trip planner to your website
You can add a trip planner widget on your website for your users.
Adding the trip planner allows users of your site to enter their trip details and plan a trip to your location or anywhere in NSW. It covers all modes of transport and includes real-time information on delays and route changes, where available.
To add a trip planner on your website:
- Register as an Open Data User
- Access the widget
- Download the Trip planner widget code
- Copy the code snippet
- Paste it to your own website.
Resize the trip planner
The trip planner widget can be resized easily so that it displays in the size and orientation that best fits your site. Simply change the width and length by editing the code. The default size for the widget is set to 410px by 410px.
Link to transportnsw.info
When linking to Transport Info, keep link names consistent across your site:
- Visit transportnsw.info
- Visit Transport Info
- Plan your trip at transportnsw.info
- For trip planning, maps and ticket info visit transportnsw.info
- details are available on the transportnsw.info
- Transport InfoLine website
- Click here to find your nearest ticket outlet
Links should land on the transportnsw.info home page, with the exception of real-time transport apps, ticket information and where to buy tickets:
- Transport Info real-time apps
- Download one of the real-time transport apps
- Choose a ticket
- Find ticket, Opal card and fare information
Banners, buttons and images
You can use any of these approved banner images to promote or link to our website. Banner images can be resized, to scale, as long as the font size remains legible.
Alt text must be used when the image:
- is being used as a link to our site
- text is not displayed anywhere else in the content
For accessibility purposes, when using an image for decorative purposes or where links are already included in the copy, do not link the image as well (use alt=””).
Choose one of the following banners and link to www.transportnsw.info.
<img src="http://www.transportnsw.info/resources/brand/plan-your-trip-240x138px.png" alt="Visit Transport Info for trip planning, maps and ticket information"/>
<img src="http://www.transportnsw.info/resources/brand/transportnsw.info-300x76px.png" alt="Visit Transport Info for trip planning, maps and ticket information"/>
Real-time app banners
We encourage you to promote all of the Transport apps as they provide real-time public transport information on your smart phone. Link to www.transportnsw.info/apps.
<img src="http://www.transportnsw.info/resources/brand/real-time-apps-300x200px.png" alt="View real-time transport apps available for your smart phone”/>
Terms and conditions of linking to us
Before you set up your link, we require that you comply with these conditions:
- Your website, and the information contained in it, must conform to Federal and State laws and be of good taste.
- When linking to transportnsw.info, the content must be relevant
- Transport for NSW reserves the right to request removal of your link(s) at any time if these guidelines are not followed. Failure to comply with a request may result in termination of our permission for you to create a link and may end in legal action.
If you have any questions about these terms, please contact us.